Thursday, July 12, 2012

Hot! Hope Solo Drug Test

Sports

Newsday New York

Email

Published: July 10, 2012 9:13 AM By REUTERS

Photo credit: Getty Images U.S. goalkeeper Hope Solo warms up against Canada through the final complement on the Celebration Series at Jeld-Wen Field with Portland, Ore. (Sept. 22, 2011)

U.S. country wide team goalkeeper Hope Solo examined constructive for your stopped substance found in her pre-menstrual medicine and attained some sort of arrest warning for your violation, the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) claimed Monday.

Solo, 30, tried constructive for Canrenone since the actual result of an out-of-competition urine piece gathered on June fifteen nonetheless won't be ruled away from this July 27-Aug. 12 London Olympics .

The recommended remedy is definitely categorized being a specific substance by USADA that will lead to a diminished sanction.

"I needed a treatment prescribed by my personalized physician to get pre-menstrual requirements this I did certainly not learn contained a new diuretic," Solo said in a very statement.

"Once knowledgeable of the fact, I instantly cooperated using USADA along with shared together almost everything they will was required to effectively decide on this I designed a genuine mistake, and the the actual treatment wouldn't enrich my efficiency throughout any kind of way.

"As a person exactly who feels in sparkling sport, I here's happy to be able to have caused USADA to eliminate this particular matter as well as I will enjoy representing my land in the 2012 Olympic Games in London."

Solo had been this starting goalkeeper for your FIFA Women's World Cup.

Along the way, Solo turned exclusively the next U.S. kind team goalkeeper actually to succeed in hundred caps.

USADA Chief Executive stated in a statement: "As every one cases, we thoroughly take a look at the instances in addition to always perform what on earth is sensible and also suitable regarding sparkling some athletes plus the integrity associated with sport." (Reporting simply by Larry Fine within New York; Editing through Frank Pingue)

No comments:

Post a Comment